Your privacy is very important to Kritica Magazine. Therefore, we are committed to protecting the nature, scope and purpose of the personal information we collect and use.
Data is not processed for reasons other than those specified below. You can access this policy at any time via our website.
- Subscribe to our newsletter
- Voluntary completion of surveys
- Participation in contests
- Book reviews submitted
We collect and use your personal data only within the framework of the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (EU GDPR).
Our Code of Conduct regarding data protection is highlighted here for your interest:
- We are careful about the personal information we request and the personal information we collect.
- We store personal information for a limited time and always under a reason for doing so.
- Our goal is to achieve full transparency about how we collect, use and share your personal information, making it as simple as possible to control what information is provided and shared.
Information we collect from you
Kritica Magazine will keep a record of your data. When you participate, access or register for any of our services, activities or online content, such as newsletters, we ask for basic information about you. This may consist of information such as your first and last name, email, book preferences, phone or mobile number. If you choose to join the Reader Panel, you will be asked to provide more information, such as a short biography that we will include at the end of your review.
We do not store credit card information or share financial information with third parties. We also do not send any direct mailings or provide information to third parties for anyone who indicates that they are under the age of 18, without prior permission from parents or guardians. Details of all children under the age of 18 will remain on our private database.
Kritica Magazine uses your information to better understand your needs and to provide you with a more personalized and effective service.
From time to time, we may use your information to contact you for market research purposes or to provide you with marketing information and newsletters related to our products and services.
We will always give you the opportunity to opt out of receiving such direct marketing or market research contact each time you receive a new message. Kritica Magazine will not sell, rent or lease your personally identifiable information to others unless we have obtained your express permission or are required to do so by law.
Information we automatically collect
In addition to information provided by users, we also collect certain information automatically.
- Log information: Like most online service providers, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices and servers typically make available, such as browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, date and time of access, operating system or mobile network. We store this data separately from the data you provide to us when you use our Services. This information will be analyzed for statistical purposes and subsequently deleted.
- Usage Information: We also collect information about your use of our Services. For example, we collect information about the actions visitors take on our website. We also collect information about what happens when you use our Services (page views, downloads, etc.) along with information about your device (mobile screen size, mobile network name and mobile device manufacturer). We use this information to learn about how people use our Services so that we can improve the quality of our Services.
- Location Information: We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit our Services from certain geographic regions.
Do not receive communications
At Kritica Magazine we will use your e-mail address to send you communications (including our newsletter, information about our products and services or contests) but only in cases where you have registered to receive them.
You may opt-out of receiving emails at any time by unsubscribing through the specific opt-out section on our marketing communications. Please note, however, that the change may take up to 48 hours to take effect and will not affect any marketing emails already scheduled to be sent in the near future.
If you opt out of receiving email communications, we may from time to time need to send you an essential email about our services, such as information about legislative changes or similar.
Data sharing regulations
- As required by law: in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request.
- To protect rights and property: when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Kritica Magazine, third parties or the general public. For example, if we believe in good faith that there is imminent danger of death or serious physical injury.
- With your consent: We may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction. For example, we may share your information with third parties with whom you authorize us to do so, such as social media services that you connect to your account through our social media sharing feature.